Brussels & online, 5 February 2021. „Scottish universities harnessing research excellence to address global challenges with European partners“ is the title of this online discusson organised by the Scotland House Brussels. Participants are representatitives of the University of Glasgow and the University of Edinburgh, alongside the League of European Research Universities (LERU) and The Guild.
This conversation, taking place after confirmation of the UK’s association to Horizon Europe, focuses on how the world-leading research undertaken by Scottish universities remains important and relevant to Europe. Speakers discuss how, through Horizon Europe, Scotland’s researchers continue to work with partners across Europe to address our shared global challenges.
This event brings together the Principals from the University of Glasgow and the University of Edinburgh, as well as the Secretary-Generals of LERU and the Guild, to discuss how universities will collaborate as European partners, and the crucial role networks will play in keeping UK universities engaged in European research discourse and collaboration.
- Professor Sir Anton Muscatelli, Principal and Vice-Chancellor, University of Glasgow
- Professor Peter Mathieson, Principal and Vice-Chancellor, University of Edinburgh
- Professor Kurt Deketelaere, Secretary-General, LERU
- Professor Jan Palmowski, Secretary-General, The Guild
- John Struthers, Professor of Economics at the University of The West of Scotland